No matter who your dad is, there’s a song out there that captures what it’s like to be father and son or daughter. Whether he’s a soft-hearted teddy bear or a strict disciplinarian, these tunes will have you understanding and appreciating your old man more than ever.
So plug in your headphones, press play, and get ready to feel the love. Here are six of our favorite songs about dad. Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there!
Songs About Dad
There are so many songs about dads out there, but which ones are the best? As mobile DJs, we wanted to take a look at some of our favorite songs about dad and share them with you. Whether you’re celebrating Father’s Day or planning music for an upcoming wedding.
I’m so excited to be able to share this playlist of my favorite songs about dad. A mix of classic tracks, newer hits and some more obscure gems you may not have heard before.
Best New Songs About Dad
- Jax – Like My Father
- Thomas Rhett – Things Dads Do
- Camila Cabello – First Man
- Cole Swindell – Dad’s Old Number
- Luke Bryan – Build Me A Daddy
- Richard Marx – Dance With My Father
- Zac Brown Band – My Old Man
- Redlight King – Old Man
- Gabby Barrett – The Good Ones
- Coldplay – Daddy
It can be hard sometimes to find the perfect song, so we’ve compiled a list of some current favorites. These are happy songs that will have everyone feeling nostalgic and starting off on the right foot. Take a look at some of the other songs in this Article from Trace Atkins, John Lennon, Craig Campbell, Randy Travis and Others.
Jax – Like My Father
Jax has been one of the most promising artists in pop music. Her soulful voice and catchy hooks have won her fans all over the world, and she’s only getting better with age. Her new song “Like My Father” is a perfect example of his talent, and it’s sure to be a hit with audiences everywhere. If you’re a fan of Jax or just like good music, you need to check out this song!
Father’s Day is a time to reflect on everything our dads mean to us. For many of us, they’ve been a source of support and guidance throughout our lives. They’ve helped us through tough times, and shared in our celebrations.
And, of course, they’ve always been there for a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. In honor of Father’s Day, we’re taking a look at some classic songs about dads. From heartfelt ballads to upbeat tunes, these songs are sure to make you smile – and maybe even shed a tear or two.
Classic Songs About Dad
June is Father’s Day month, and many people will be looking for songs to dedicate to their dads. While there are plenty of modern tracks about fatherhood, we thought we’d take a look at some classic songs that pay homage to fathers.
Whether you’re looking for something heartfelt or funny, these tunes are sure to get your dad’s attention!
- The Temptations – Papa Was A Rolling Stone
- Luther Vandross – Dance With My Father
- Eric Clapton – My Father’s Eyes
- The Winstons – Color Him Father
- Yusuf / Cat Stevens – Father & Son
- Harry Chapin – Cat’s in the Cradle
- Dolly Parton – Daddy’s Working Boots
- Gladys Knight and the Pips – Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
- Bruce Springsteen – My Fathers House
- Loretta Lynn – They don’t make ’em like my Daddy Anymore
There’s nothing quite like a classic song about dad to get you in the Father’s Day spirit. Whether it’s mourning the loss of a father, celebrating the joys of fatherhood, or simply reminiscing about good times with dear old dad, these tunes will have you feeling all the feels.
Other Song Lists from this site.
The following is a list of other song lists from Mobile DJ Basics. I wanted to share these with you because they are super useful for quick reference and the links will help you find more information on any particular topic.
- 300+ Best Love Songs of All Time | Romantic Songs from 50’s – 2020’s
- 80+ Songs About Mom | Terrific Songs for Incredible Mothers
- 50+ Songs About Family | Reliable Classic Hits to Recent Chart-Toppers
- Great Songs About Friendship | Ultimate Best Friend Songs 2022
- 105+ Best Songs About Home | Magical Songs About Missing Home 2022
How do you find new music to play for your audience? With all the choices available, it can be difficult to keep up with what’s popular. We’ve compiled a list of songs that are currently trending among mobile DJs so you don’t have to waste time figuring out what is worth playing.
Country Songs About Dad
What is the best country song about dads? Well, that’s a tough question, but we’re going to take a stab at it. We’ve gathered some of our favorite country songs about dads and we want to share them with you. Whether your dad is a mechanic or a farmer, these songs will make you proud to call him dad.
- George Strait – The Best Day
- Sawyer Brown – The Walk
- Sara Evans – You’ll Always Be My Baby
- Gary Allan – Tough Little Boys
- Brad Paisley – He Didn’t Have To Be
- Conway Twitty – That’s My Job
- Holly Dunn – Daddy’s Hands
- Alan Jackson – Drive (For Daddy Gene)
- Emerson Drive – A Good Man
- Reba Mcentire – The Greatest Man I Never Knew
- Kellie Pickler – The Letter To Daddy
- Keith Urban – Song For Dad
There are plenty of great tunes out there that pay tribute to the special men in our lives. Whether your dad is a tough and rugged outdoorsman or a soft-spoken teddy bear, there’s a country song for him. So put on your favorite hat and boots, crank up the band and celebrate Father’s Day the country way.
George Strait – The Best Day
In the music world, there are a few big-name artists who always seem to make the charts. George Strait is one of those artists. With dozens of number one hits, Strait has proved that he is a force to be reckoned with in the music industry.
In the song “Best Day” he sings about spending time with his dad, who was a hard-working man, but he still found time to spend with George. The song is not only meaningful because it tells how important fatherhood can be but also because it has given people hope that they too will find their own “best day.”
Best Father’s Day Songs
Dads are important. They help us learn how to ride a bike, throw a ball, and so much more. In honor of Father’s Day, we’ve compiled some of our favorite songs about dads. Whether you’re a dad or know one, these tunes are sure to make you smile. Happy Father’s Day!
- Lonestar – Mr. Mom
- Will Smith – Just The Two Of Us
- Ashley Marina – You’ll Always Be My Hero
- Chrisette Michele – Your Joy
- Kelly Clarkson – Piece by Piece
- George Strait – A Father’s Love
- Owl City – Not All Heroes Wear Capes
Father’s Day, a day to celebrate all of the amazing dads out there. If you’re looking for some tunes to help you show your appreciation, we’ve got you covered. From classic rock anthems to modern pop hits, these songs are sure to get any dad’s toes tapping. So put on your party hat and raise a glass in honor of the fathers in your life!
This Daughter wanted to give her father a Father’s Day surprise, so she re-wrote the lyrics to “Seven Years” by Lukas Graham. Check out the video below.
Songs With Dad in the Title
We all have that one song that reminds us of our dad. The song always brings up memories of when you were younger and your dad would be in the kitchen cooking breakfast, or when he would take you to the park for a picnic on Sunday mornings.
- Beyoncé – Daddy Lessons Ft The Dixie Chicks
- Everclear – Father of Mine
- Tyler Wood – Dad
- 1GN – Daddy’s Girl
- George Michael – Father Figure
- Beyonce – Daddy
- Randy Travis – My Daddy Never Was
- Jon Baker – Thank you for being my Dad
- Harry Nilsson – Daddy’s Song
- Abby Anderson – Daddy
- Paul Overstreet – Seein’ My Father In Me
One dad’s go-to song is “Father, Father” by Kool & The Gang. It was his son‘s favorite song to dance to when he was little. Now, as a DJ, this father can’t help but play it for the next generation of dads and their kids at every event!
What are some songs that you love with ‘Dad’ in the title?
Songs About Father and Sons
In any family, there is a relationship that is particularly special – the one between a father and his son. This bond can be incredibly strong, and it’s often explored in music. Whether it’s a father singing about how proud he is of his son, or a son thanking his dad for all he’s done for him, these songs are sure to make you feel the love between fathers and sons. Here are some of our favorites!
- Chris Lane – Ain’t Even Met You Yet
- Thomas Rhett – Sixteen
- Elvie Shane – My Boy (TikTok Songs)
- Trey Pendley- Daddy’s Son
- AJ Sanders – Chevy and Daddy
- Lee Brice – Boy
- Rodney Atkins – Watching You
- Jimmy Wayne – I Love You This Much
- Brain Wright – Daddy’s Truck
- Billy Currington – Walk A Little Straighter
When you’re a DJ, it’s not always easy to find the right song for your set. Sometimes, you want something that will get people out on the floor and show them how much fun music can be. Other times, you might need a song to take people back down memory lane or remind them of their first drive with their dad.
The songs in this playlist are perfect for those occasions. Some of these songs may even make you tear up! Regardless of what kind of mood they put you in and what memories they evoke, all of these songs have one thing in common: dads and sons featured prominently as characters within the lyrics.
Chris Lane – Ain’t Even Met You Yet
There’s just something about Chris Lane that makes you want to root for him. The country singer has just released his latest song “Ain’t Even Met You Yet.” The song is about the excitement of meeting his child for the first time. In a recent interview, Lane said, “I wrote this song from the perspective of being a dad – really excited about this new chapter in my life.” We can’t wait to hear it!
Songs About Fathers and Daughters
On Father’s Day, many people take the time to reflect on the important role that fathers play in their lives. Though the relationship between a father and daughter can be complex, there are also countless songs that celebrate it.
- Tim Mcgraw – My little Girl
- Paul Simon – Father And Daughter
- Cody Johnson – God Bless the Boy (Cori’s Song)
- Miley Cyrus – I Learned From You
- MaRynn Taylor – Dads and Daughters
- Steven Curtis Chapman – Cinderella
- Thomas Rhett – To The Guys That Date My Girls
- Krystal Keith – Daddy Dance With Me
- The Shires – Daddy’s Little Girl
- Jennifer Smestad – Half The Man
- Chuck Wicks – Stealing Cinderella
- Kenny Chesney – Don’t Blink
- Chad Kaney – Daddy’s Little Girl
- Jewel ft. Dolly Parton – My Father’s Daughter
- Zac Brown Band – The Man Who Loves You The Most
- Zac Brown Band – I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)
When it comes to songs about fathers and daughters, there are few things more powerful than a melody that speaks to the heart. Whether it’s a song that celebrates the bond between a father and daughter or one that captures the pain of losing a dad, these tunes have the ability to touch us in ways that words alone never could.
In honor of Father’s every where, we’ve put together a playlist of some of our favorite songs about dads and daughters.
Some of these songs would be good for a father daughter dance and how it is a great way to celebrate your relationship between a father and daughter. It can be a special time for fathers and daughters to bond with each other before they go off into the world on their own. This was a popular father Daughter Dance songs years ago when it first was released.
Tim Mcgraw – My little Girl
There’s just something about Tim Mcgraw’s song “My Little Girl” that makes you want to crank up the volume and sing along. The emotions in the lyrics are so powerful, and they’re sure to tug at your heartstrings.
Whether you’re a parent yourself or just appreciate the amazing bond between a parent and child, this song is definitely worth listening to. Come on, I know you can’t resist clicking on the play button! 🙂
Songs About Being a Father
Being a father is one of the most rewarding jobs someone can have. The dad in you will want to be proud of your son or daughter no matter what they do, but it’s important not to forget that being a parent means teaching them about life and helping them grow up.
- Lee Brice – The Best Part Of Me
- Darius Rucker – It Won’t Be Like This for Long
- Trace Adkins – Just Fishin’
- Creed – With Arms Wide Open
- The Game – Like Father, Like Son
- Trace Adkins – Then They Do
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Ready, Set, Don’t Go
- George Strait – Love Without End, Amen
- Bill Withers – I’m Her Daddy
- Brantley Gilbert – Man That Hung The Moon
- Kane Brown – For My Daughter
- Billy Joel – Lullabye
- Jay-Z – Glory
- Nas – Daughters
- Kanye West & Jay-Z – New Day
- John Mayer – Daughters
- Stevie Wonder – Isn’t She Lovely
- Heartland – I Loved Her First
- Kenny Chesney – There Goes My Life
Fathers are often the unsung heroes of society. They work hard to provide for their families and often put their children first. But what about when fathers want to express themselves through music? There are plenty of songs out there that celebrate fatherhood, but here are a few of our favorites.
Songs About Missing Your Father
Missing your father can be a difficult experience. For mobile DJs, it can be tough to find songs that relate to that feeling. Here are some songs about missing/losing your father that will help you feel connected to others who have gone through the same thing.
- Luke Bryan – Drink A Beer
- Cole Swindell – You Should Be Here
- Lee Brice – I Drive Your Truck
- Ed Sheeran – Visiting Hours
- Matt Stillwell – Hey Dad
- HARDY – Give Heaven Some Hell
- Cole Swindell – Dad’s Old Number
- Scotty McCreery – How Ya Doin’ Up There
- Diamond Rio – One More Day
- Faith Hill – There you’ll be
- Keith Urban – Tonight I Wanna Cry
- Dani & Lizzy ~ Dancing in the sky
- Diamond Rio – I Believe
- Westlife – I’ll See You Again
- Lonestar – Not a Day Goes By
- Collin Raye – If You Get There Before I Do
- MercyMe – I Can Only Imagine
- MercyMe – Finally Home
- Brad Paisley – When I get where I’m going
Losing a parent is hard. Losing your father can be especially tough. These songs are about the pain, anger, and sadness that come with losing your dad. But they also offer hope and healing. Whether you’re struggling with your loss or supporting someone who is, these songs can help you feel understood and loved.
Luke Bryan – Drink A Beer
Don’t be fooled by the title. Luke Bryan’s Drink A Beer may sound like a party anthem, but it’s actually a song about loss and grief. In the song, Bryan reflects on the life of a friend who died too young, and how he wishes he could have one more conversation with him.
Songs about dad are a common theme in the music genre. Dads share so much of themselves with their children and we often want to express that gratitude through songs, poems or stories.
To celebrate Father’s Day this year, we want to challenge you. As a gift to your father or the man in your life who has been there for you unconditionally, share with us what songs are about dad. We’ll compile our favorites and show them off on social media!
- 45+ Songs About Dogs | Best Songs About Our Four Legged Friends 2022
- The Best Drinking Songs Everyone Needs in Their 2022 Playlist
- School Dance Songs 2021 | Exclusive Song List for School DJs | Updated
- Best New Summer Songs | Ultimate Beach Playlists 2021 | 200 Songs
- Best Party Songs That Always Gets People Dancing – 2022
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what you see, feel free to share some love on Pinterest <3