Last Updated on November 20, 2023 by Ryan Conlon | Read Time 3 min Read Time
You’re having a big day ahead of you. You’ll be celebrating your sweet 16 birthday with all of your friends and family! But what are the best songs to play?
We’ve got the best sweet 16 songs for a special occasion like this, so don’t worry about it…it’s going to be fantastic!!
Sweet 16 Songs
If you’re struggling to figure out what best songs are for your sweet sixteen birthday party, we’ve got the answer.
We all know that the most important part of a party is crafting an appropriate Sweet Sixteen party playlist.
We have put together a playlist of songs that are perfect for any Sweet Sixteen. These songs will get everyone up and on the Dance Floor!
Sweet Sixteen Songs
- Lizzo – Birthday Girl
- Olivia Rodrigo – drivers license
- Kygo – Happy Birthday
- Dylan Conrique – Birthday Cake
- Walker Hayes – Fancy Like
- Anne-Marie – BIRTHDAY
- Selena Gomez – Birthday
- Tenille Arts – Sweet Sixteen
- Migos – Birthday
- Alessia Cara – Best Days
- Katy Perry – Birthday
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
- BTS – Permission to Dance
- Ellie Goulding – Sixteen
- BLACKPINK – Ice Cream
- Jessie J – It’s My Party
- Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
- Thomas Rhett – Sixteen
- Taylor Swift – The Best Day (Taylor’s Version)
- Jason Blaine – Dance With My Daughter
Kygo – Happy Birthday
Kygo, a Norwegian producer and DJ, is celebrating his birthday today with the release of his new single “Happy Birthday.”
The song features John Legend on vocals. Kygo has garnered fame for remixing songs like Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” and Coldplay’s “Adventure of a Lifetime.”
If you are looking for other new songs – Take a look at our other Playlists
School Dance Songs Exclusive School Dance DJ Song Lists
Best New Prom Songs | Create a Memorable Prom Dance
Popular TikTok Songs | Famous Viral Tit Tok Dances
Songs About Friendship | Best Friend Songs
Clean Songs | Discover Fun Kid and Student Friendly Music
Classic Sweet 16 Songs
What are the best classic sweet sixteen birthday party songs? The best ones to get any crowd on their feet, out to the dance floor and singing along!
You know you’ve found a good one when it feels like everyone knows all the words. For your next event, consider including some of these party classics: Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus, 50 Cent – In Da Club and The Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling.
We’ve got the best classic Sweet 16 Songs that will make everyone have a great time! This birthday playlist includes everything from oldies to modern hits so there’s something for everyone! Don’t forget to play the newest TikTok songs.
Don’t forget to include these at your Sweet Sixteen:
- The Crests – Sixteen Candles
- Kool & The Gang – Celebration
- One Direction – Best Song Ever
- Stevie Wonder – Happy Birthday
- Martina Mc Bride – Every Mother’s Dream
- Ringo Starr – You’re Sixteen
- Hilary Duff – Sweet Sixteen
- P!nk – Get The Party Started
- Abba – Dancing Queen
- Tim McGraw – My Little Girl
- James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
- John Lennon – Sweet Little Sixteen
- Michael Buble – The Way You Look Tonight
- The Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
- Dolly Parton – Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
- Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Neil Sedaka – Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
The Crests Sixteen Candles is a classic birthday song that was released in 1984. It has been covered by many artists but I really like this version because of the style and tone they have put into it. The lyrics are so great too!
Father Daughter Sweet 16 Dance Songs
I’m a sucker for a good father-daughter dance song. Every time I hear one, it brings back all the feels from when I would DJ sweet 16s. I remember the birthday girl and her dad slow dancing to “My Girl” by the Temptations, and it was just perfect.
If you’re looking for the perfect song to dance to with your daughter on her big day, here are a few of my favorites:
“My Girl” by the Temptations – This is the ultimate father-daughter dance song. It’s soulful, sweet, and just perfect for a slow dance.
“I Loved Her First” by Heartland – This country ballad is all about a father’s love for his daughter, and it’s sure to bring tears to your eyes.
“In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride – This song is all about how a father sees his daughter, and it’s simply beautiful.
“Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle – This song is perfect for fathers and daughters who have a special bond. It’s sure to make you both smile.
Whatever song you choose, make sure it’s one that means something special to you and your daughter. After all, this is a day you’ll both always remember.
Great songs for a Father Daughter Dance:
- Charlie Puth – One Call Away
- Camila Cabello – First Man
- Jackson 5 – I’ll Be There
- Jax – Like My Father
- Jason Blaine – Dance With My Daughter
- Lee Brice – The Best Part Of Me
- Tim McGraw – 7500 OBO
- Zac Brown Band – The Man Who Loves You The Most
- Brantley Gilbert – Man That Hung The Moon
- Kane Brown – For My Daughter
- Brett Young – Lady
- Bruno Mars – Count On Me
- Tim Mcgraw – My little Girl
- MaRynn Taylor – Dads and Daughters
- Gabby Barrett – The Good Ones
- Logan Mize – Prettiest Girl in the World
Charlie Puth – One Call Away
One Call Away by Charlie Puth is an emotional song great for a father-daughter dance. The lyrics are all about how no matter what happens in life, you can always call on your father for help and support.
The song is sure to bring tears to the eyes of both fathers and daughters, making it a perfect choice for a special moment at a birthday party.
It’s also a great dance song, with a catchy melody that will get everyone on the dance floor.
So if you’re looking for a father-daughter dance song that is guaranteed to create a special moment, “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth is the perfect choice.
What is a Good Sweet 16 Party Entrance Song?
A Sweet 16 is a monumental day for any young girl, which can make finding the perfect entrance song that much more difficult.
To help you out, we’ve compiled these songs below that should fit most party atmospheres
Upbeat Entrance Songs:
- Charli XCX – Hot Girl (Bodies Bodies Bodies)
- LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- ABBA – Dancing Queen
- Beyonce – Run The World
- Doja Cat – Get Into It (Yuh)
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling!
- DJ Snake – Let Me Love You
- Dillon Francis, DJ Snake – Get Low
- Ed Sheeran – Shivers
- Flo Rida – My House
- Don Omar – Danza Kuduro
- Saweetie – Best Friend
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- The Chainsmokers – Roses
- Beyoncé – Run the World
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like
- DJ Snake, Lil Jon – Turn Down for What
Other song Ideas for entrance songs: Good Life, Little Help From My Friends, Friends in Low Places And other Dance Classics like The Cupid Shuffle, Cha Cha slide.
Don’t for get a older song for some of your older family; Songs from Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind and Fire or the Jackson 5.
How to pick the perfect sweet 16 birthday party songs
When it comes to picking the perfect soundtrack for your sweet 16 birthday party, the options are endless. You want something that will get everyone on their feet and dancing, but you also need to take into account your taste and preferences.
Do you want something upbeat and fast-paced? Or are you looking for something a little more low-key?
We’ve put together some tips to help make your decision a little easier:
1. Choose the right music for your party
2. Consider your guests’ tastes and preferences
3. Pick songs that will get everyone on their feet
4. Don’t forget about the classics
5. Add a personal touch to your playlist
6. Make sure the music matches the vibe of your party
7. Ask for help from a professional DJ
Now that you know how to pick the perfect sweet 16 birthday party songs, it’s time to start putting together your playlist. Have fun and enjoy your big day!
Add Karaoke to your Birthday Party
There are many benefits of adding karaoke to your party. It will provide hours of entertainment, it is great for team building and bonding, and it is perfect for people who want an easy activity to get the party started.
What are you waiting for? Turn this into a night they’ll never forget with karaoke at their Sweet Sixteen birthday party!
Classic songs for artists like Lady Gaga, David Guetta, Jennifer Lopez, Jay Z, Justin Bieber, Post Malone, Whitney Houston or songs for Doja Cat and Olivia Rodrigo.
A sweet sixteen birthday party is a milestone event in anyone’s life. They are so much fun and can be a great way to share memories with your closest friends over the course of your high school years.
There are tons of ways you can have a memorable sweet sixteen party, but these sweet 16 songs will help you throw an unforgettable one!
- Best New Wedding Songs | Absolutely Should Be In Your Wedding
- Prom Themes | Fun Prom After Party Theme Ideas
- 45+ Songs About Dogs | Best Songs About Our Four Legged Friends
- School Appropriate Songs to Help Keep Your Dance Floor Packed
- Best Songs About Dancing | Upbeat Fun Songs to Get you Dancing
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what you see, feel free to share some love on Pinterest ❤️