Last Updated on October 21, 2023 by Ryan Conlon | 🕒 4 min Read Time
Wedding songs are the best part of every wedding. They set the mood for your big day, and they can be enjoyed by everyone in attendance. If you’re planning a wedding, it’s important to choose music that will please all guests.
It may seem challenging to find new music for a wedding reception, but there are many different options that can keep things interesting! This article is going to give you some helpful ideas about what types of music work well for weddings as well as specific song choices that both younger and older generations will love.
New Wedding Songs for 2023
Finding new music for weddings can be tough, but we’ve got some great ideas to help you out.
You want your wedding day to be a fun and memorable experience for all of those in attendance, but what about the music?
Whether you’re looking ahead at 2023 or just need some inspiration from this year.
The following list will help make sure you don’t miss any great songs for your wedding guests’ listening pleasure at your upcoming wedding dance.
New First Dance Songs
There are so many things to think about when planning a wedding, from the venue to the catering to the guest list. One of the most important decisions you’ll make is what song will be your first dance as a married couple.
If you’re struggling to find a song that feels just right, here are some new options that might inspire you.
Here are some of the best new first dance wedding songs:
- Kane Brown – Worship You
- Ed Sheeran – One Life
- John K – ilym
- Kate Vogel – I Wanna Love You Forever
- Jake Scott – Favorite T-Shirt (Acoustic)
- Justin Bieber – “Off My Face”
- Luke Combs – Forever After All
- Forest Blakk – Fall Into Me
- Dan + Shay – Glad You Exist
- Troye Sivan – Angel Baby
- Kodaline – Wherever You Are
- Justin Bieber – Hailey
- Lumineers – Just Like Heaven
- Dan + Shay – Steal My Love
- Shawn Mendes – Summer Of Love
- Conor Maynard – Crowded Room
- JP Saxe – More of You
- Ashe & FINNEAS – Till Forever Falls Apart
- Ryan Hurd, Maren Morris – Chasing After You
- Surf Mesa, Madison Beer – Carried Away (Love To Love)
Mobile DJs know how important it is to stay up-to-date with the latest wedding music. With new songs being released all the time, it can be difficult to keep track of what’s popular and what’s not. Luckily, we’ve done that work for you!
Kane Brown – Worship You
What are you waiting for? Get this new Kane Brown song off your playlist and put it on repeat. This song is the perfect jam to get you pumped up for any event! It’s a great way to start your day or end your night out with friends.
With lyrics like “Get down on one knee, I’ll worship you,” and “I’m gonna tell all my friends about how we met,” this will be stuck in your head all day long!
New Father Daughter Songs
When it comes to wedding dances, there are a few classics that always come to mind. The father-daughter dance is one of those dances that is always special, and the songs you choose for it can make or break the moment. If you’re looking for some new father daughter wedding dance songs, we’ve got you covered.
Check out our list below!
- Jax – Like My Father
- Thomas Rhett – Things Dads Do
- Camila Cabello – First Man
- Gabby Barrett – The Good Ones
- MaRynn Taylor – Dads and Daughters
- Zac Brown Band – The Man Who Loves You The Most
- Zac Brown Band – I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)
- Lee Brice – The Best Part Of Me
- Brett Young – Lady
- Tim McGraw – 7500 OBO
- Charlie Puth – One Call Away
- Logan Mize – Prettiest Girl in the World
- Kane Brown – For My Daughter
- Jason Blaine – Dance With My Daughter
- Brantley Gilbert – Man That Hung The Moon
The Father Daughter dance is a tradition that many families look forward to during wedding planning. It’s a time to celebrate the special bond between a father and daughter.
Jax – Like My Father
Jax’s new song about her dad. The song is called “Like My Father” and it’s definitely a tearjerker. In the song, Jax talks about how much she misses her dad and how he was such an important part of her life.
She also talks about the lessons he taught her and how she hopes to honor his memory by living her life the way he would want her to. If you’re planning a wedding, be sure to add Jax’s new song to your playlist!
Other DJ Song Lists from this Site:
Looking for new music to add to your DJ set? Check out these other DJ song lists from this website. You’ll find a variety of genres and styles to help you build the perfect playlist for your next event.
Whether you’re looking for something new and exciting or something classic and timeless, you’ll find what you need here.
- 80+ Songs About Mom | Terrific Songs for Incredible Mothers
- 100+ Emotional Songs About Dad | Songs Celebrating Fatherhood
- Beautiful Songs About Parents That Will Melt Your Heart
- Songs About Grandparents | Find the Perfect Song for Your Event
- Best Party Songs That Always Get People Dancing
New Mother Son Dance Songs 2023
The Mother Son Dance is a cherished tradition that families look forward to each year. It’s a time to celebrate the special bond between mother and son, and share a memorable moment together.
If you’re looking for some new Mother Son Dance Songs, you’re in luck!
We’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- Chris Lane – That’s What Mamas Are For
- for KING & COUNTRY – Unsung Hero
- Michael Bublé – Mother
- Mac Miller – I’ll Be There
- Jami Grooms – Her Little Man
- Bon Jovi – Story Of Love
- Meghan Trainor ft. Kelli Trainor – Mom
- Mike Parker – She’s Magic
- Dax – Dear Mom
- Tyler James Band – Mama’s Boy
- Lukas Graham – Mama Said
- Tim McGraw – I Called Mama
- Granger Smith – Man Made
- Caleb Beachy – I love this Dance
- Meaghan Smith – You’ve Got My Heart
Chris Lane – That’s What Mamas Are For
Looking for the perfect Mother Son Dance Songs for your big day? Then you can’t go wrong with the latest release from Chris Lane – “That’s What Mamas Are For”! This heartfelt ballad is sure to tug at Mom’s heartstrings and leave a lasting impression on all who hear it. So don’t wait, find it on Spotify today and get ready to dance the night away!
New Wedding Reception Dance Songs
It’s no secret that wedding receptions can sometimes feel a little stale, especially when the same tired songs are played over and over again. If you’re looking for some new and upbeat dance songs to freshen up your reception.
We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite tracks that will have your guests up and dancing.
Give these songs a listen to:
- Ed Sheeran – Shivers
- Harry Styles – As It Was
- Charlie Puth – Left And Right
- ACRAZE – Do It To It
- Lizzo – About Damn Time
- Jack Harlow – First Class
- Camila Cabello – Bam Bam
- Michael Bublé – Higher
- Cardi B – Hot Shit
- Charlie Puth – Light Switch
- City Girls Ft. Usher – Good Love
- Lil Nas X – THATS WHAT I WANT
- Lizzo – Grrrls
- Elton John, Dua Lipa – Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
- Elle King – Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)
As a bride planning your wedding, you may be looking for new, upbeat songs to add to your reception playlist. Keep your guests dancing all night with songs like these!
Ed Sheeran – Shivers
If you’re looking for a fun, modern song to add to your wedding song list, Ed Sheeran’s “Shivers” is perfect!
The upbeat tempo and catchy lyrics will get your guests dancing, and the romantic message will leave them feeling inspired. So if you’re looking for something fresh and new, be sure to check out this amazing track!
What does a DJ need to know for a wedding?
At weddings, the DJ is responsible for creating a fun and festive atmosphere that keeps guests entertained throughout the evening.
While this may seem like a simple task, there are a few key things that every DJ should keep in mind when preparing for a wedding.
- First, it is important to make sure that all of the pronunciations are correct. Nothing will throw off the flow of the evening quite like announcing the wrong name.
- Secondly, the DJ should have a good understanding of what type of music to play and when. The last thing you want is for the dance floor to be empty or for guests to get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again.
- Finally, it is important to be aware of any song requests from the bride or groom and to make sure that any Do Not Play List is adhered to.
By following these simple tips, you can be sure that your wedding will be one to remember!
Create a Do Not Play List
Your wedding is supposed to be a day full of love, laughter, and dancing. But if you’ve hired a DJ who’s spinning songs that are anything but romantic, it can put a damper on things pretty quickly.
To avoid this disaster, it’s important to create a Do Not Play list for your DJ. This way, you can be sure that the music at your wedding will be exactly to your liking.
Start by making a list of all the songs that you absolutely do not want played at your wedding. This could be anything from pop songs with raunchy lyrics to slow ballads that make you think of a past heartbreak.
Once you have your list, give it to your DJ well in advance of the big day. That way, they can make sure to avoid these tunes when crafting their setlist.
Of course, your DJ should also have a good idea of the kind of music you and your guests will enjoy. So don’t forget to give them a few suggestions of songs that you would love to hear on your special day.
With a little communication, you can be sure that the music at your wedding will be just perfect.
Do you feed the DJ at a wedding?
DJs are often overlooked when it comes to wedding planning, but they play an important role in setting the tone for your big day. If you’re looking to ensure that your DJ is well-fed and happy, you may be wondering if you need to feed them.
The short answer is yes – it’s always a good idea to feed your DJ. This will help them stay focused and energy throughout your event, and it will also show that you appreciate their work.
I would like to briefly draw attention to the tips I have provided. Taking into consideration all of the factors above, wedding planning includes finding the best wedding songs for your wedding dance.
Remember to choose wisely, to take your time and to organize the wedding playlist thoroughly.
If you like a song – Play It
Think outside the box, surprise your partner and everybody else with your musical choices and create the musical background you wanted to create. By choosing special, meaningful, and unique songs for your wedding will surely be a wedding to remember.
Create this special wedding playlist then, play it at your wedding, and enjoy your wedding day.
Your wedding day is one of the most important moments of your life, so you’d better cherish the day and accompany it with great new wedding songs!
- Top 300+ Best Slow Songs of all Time | Powerful Love Songs
- Best Upbeat Happy Songs That Will Put You in a Good Mood
- Best New Prom Songs | Create a Memorable Prom Dance
- Best New Summer Songs | Ultimate Beach Playlists
- Best First Dance Wedding Songs | 100+ Popular Song Recommendations
- Best DJ Headphones Honest Product Reviews 2023 | Over The Ear
- DJ Music FAQ | Answers To Your Great Questions About Music
- Ceremony to Reception | Only Wedding Song Checklist You’ll Ever Need
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what you see, feel free to share some love on Pinterest ❤️