Prom is one of the most important nights in a high schooler’s life. It can either be their first night with friends they’ve made over time, or it could also mean seeing everyone from class presidents to gym report card winners for what might be last if not least time ever; there are so many things at stake! This makes prom themes all-important too since each event will have its own lasting impact on memories and emotions long after any party has been forgotten about.
In celebrating the prom’s life transition, you can use some of the fantastic ideas for Themes and After Party Themes. The prom is all about enjoying rare moments with friends and loved ones and creating beautiful memories. You, therefore, want to go for themes that matches your wild imaginations or realistic experiences and aspirations.
To guide your selection, you may utilize our well-researched themes for Prom Night. You will find these ideas valuable to your prom experience and your planning for prom events. After we talk about prom we will list our favorite Homecoming themes for 2022.
Popular Prom Themes
Our ideas for your Prom Night include your party themes and Prom after-party themes, including the lighting, decor, dance floor, photo booth and the DJ. You may already have preferences about some common aspects, which means our prom ideas will build over your preferences.
This guide aims to provide a variety of theme selections and direct you towards an excellent pick for your prom event or experience. Feel free to try out the ideas, share them, and provide feedback on your experience. Now, we should dive into the fantastic theme ideas for your Prom.
List of Prom Theme Ideas 2022
The first step in selecting your theme is to give it some thought or take a minute to reflect on the meaning of a prom party to you, your peers, or loved ones. In most cases, you will bump across unique ideas but still require a theme to organize them. FYI Rent a photo booth to capture the memories.
So, let’s dive straight into providing you with our recommended ideas or organizing whichever idea you may have.
- Neon Nights
- Disco Party
- Red Carpet
- Island Vibes
- Candy Land
- Movie Premiere Night
- Outer Space
- Cloud 9
- White Out
- Winter Solstice
- 80’s Flashback
- Black Light/Glow Party
- Country Nights
It’s time to give your prom an exciting and memorable theme! A great way is by using our top three favorite themes. You’ll have the chance find something that suits you, or maybe even inspire other people as well with these ideas on how they can plan their own party too.
Classic Prom Themes
Prom is coming up and everyone is trying to figure out what to do for their theme. There are so many options, but these are some of the most classic themes that will never go out of style. Whether you’re looking for something fun or formal, we hope these themes make your night special.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- City of Lights
- Winter Wonderland
- Mardi Gras
- Happily Ever After
- Let the Good Times Roll
- The Great Gatsby
- A Night in Paris
- Saturday Night Fever
- Starry Night
- A Magical Night
- Above The City Lights
- 70’s Disco Party
- Casino Night
Now that you have a great selection of classic themes, you may find more about the themes and the era they represent. A lot of people like to use classic themes because Digging into the era they represent makes it more than just a dance. You can really get into what was happening when this song or movie came out, and that’s why we have so many different choices for you!
When is Prom?
Prom is typically held during the month of May. However, it may be scheduled at different times depending on your school’s schedule and whether or not you’re in college!
For more information, check with the school’s prom planning committee.
Planning Your Prom Dance
When you’re picking your Prom theme, it’s important to keep in mind the kind of dance that you want. After all, not every theme is suited for a formal ballroom dance!
To plan your prom dance, you only need one thing: the perfect prom theme. Now that you’ve got a few ideas for a Prom Theme 2022, it’s time to start planning! Keep in mind that some themes will require more elaborate decorations than others, so be sure to budget accordingly.
Your lighting should always have various colored lights unless you are doing a luxury or ice-based prom theme. Bonus points for disco balls or fake snow. If you only have string lights – ask the DJ what lighting they can provide to help match your theme.
The photo booth should have numerous backdrop options, easy to select with background wallpapers or curtains. The decor is your free zone of expression, and you can go as far as you prefer on this one.
Take a look at our Homecoming Themes.
Finding the Right DJ For Your Prom
If you want your dance to be a success, it’s important to have the right DJ. Here are some tips for finding and hiring an awesome prom dance DJ:
- Be sure that they’ve been experienced with Prom! Many DJs offer special “Prom packages,” so look around until you find one who is perfect for your event.
- Ask them about their music selection. Will they be able to play all the latest songs, or do they have a more limited range?
- Make sure that they have backup equipment and a plan in case of technical difficulties.
- Ask for references from previous clients – this is always a good way to get an idea of how a DJ performs.
- Get a contract! This will ensure that both you and the DJ are aware of what is expected of each party.
- Skip the string lights and hire a LD to provide the proper lighting for your event.
You are looking for a DJ that is not just a wedding DJ. You are looking for a DJ that does Sweet 16s, Quinceanera’s, High School, and Jr High Dances. This DJ will know what music you are looking for and what music your advisors do not want them to play.
New Songs for Prom – Best New Prom Songs 2022 | Create a Memorable Prom Dance
Find the right DJ can be challenging. Some schools use the same DJ year after year. If the DJ company you use for your school dances is a great DJ – Continue to use that company. But if you are looking for someone new. You will need to do some research.
Check out the mailers that other DJ companies have sent the school. A principal or vice-principal might have a folder with them in their office.
If you are still looking for a DJ, it is time to go to Google. Search DJ in your area. Check out DJ companies on the first five pages of google. Look at their websites and check out their social media – Instagram and YouTube.
If they do not have Instagram or YouTube, maybe take them off your list of potential DJs that you will use.
Prom After-Party Themes
Are you looking for a cool after-party prom theme?
The after-party is a significant part of prom. You can use indoor themes that range from bright-colored options with shooting lights, string lights, fake snow, light up dance floor, and disco balls or go for subtle choices that focus on country music or slow jams.
Whether it’s because of the school prom, or just because you’re tired of going to the same old party every time, this blog post can help you find some new ideas. Check out these awesome prom after-party themes!
After-Party Themes Include:
- 80’s Movies
- 90’s Music
- Mardi Gras
- Glow Party
Now you can see that the after-party themes are very flexible, and you can always try anything that you believe suits your crew. Go ahead and try our recommended themes.
You can use any of them at your convenience and share the ideas to understand how your students love them.
80’s had a lot of great movies. To give you an easy option that you can amplify and put on wallpapers for the theme, the punch-card computer is a great way for a throwback to the 80s. Bonus points for having these movies playing on walls. The movies include The Back to the Future, Karate Kid, Goonies, E.T., Top Gun as awesome examples for you to use. Don’t forget the photo booth
RnB, Boy Bands, Classic Rock All were a party of the 90’s. Prom Theme music from the 90s Include Spice Girls, Nirvana, TLC, Will Smith, MC Hammer and Boys II Men. 90’s music artists loved dark sunglasses and bright colored jackets. You can use these depictions for your music and music art.
The most famous Prom Theme is Madi Gras because all you need is a set of celebratory clothing and fancy garments. Be sure to include flowery attire and crowns, music, and fun dances. You will, definitely, have fun with this theme.
The glow party utilizes brightly colored lights on a dark background, and the lights in the dancing area or stage region should appear to burst up or create a multicolored beam diverging into the sky. You will find this idea unique and great for prom parties and prom after-party themes.
If you are attending the glow party-themed prom, bright clothes, glow sticks and neon sunglasses are great to make you visible. We hope this theme makes your night.
What Are Good Themes for School Dances?
Non-Formal Themes for Back-to-school, Homecoming Dances and Other Events
We have selected outstanding non-formal themes for back-to-school for you.
- Enchantment Under the Sea
- Twist the Night Away 50’s
- Space Theme
- Glow Party
- Barn Dance
- Red White and Blue
- Beach Party
- Sock Hop
- 60’s Tie-Dye
- Tailgate Party
- Flannel Frenzy
- Miami Night Club
Your selection of school dance themes and prom themes can create an atmosphere of enchantment and enjoyment. Feel free to ask your friends’ opinions on your dance themes. If your dance party has a big audience, you will need to coordinate your selection with other people in planning the dance party.
What Are Good Homecoming Themes?
Formal Themes for High School Homecoming Dances
You may apply them at the end of their semester or year. The Red-Carpet Affair is one of them, and you can use a small red carpet at the doorstep. You may also use the City Lights theme on your front end or purchase a city skyscape wallpaper if your students share similar interests.
- Red Carpet Affair
- City Lights
- All That Jazz
- Diamonds are Forever
- Viva Las Vegas
- Hollywood Nights
- Winter Wonderland
- Starry Night
- Black and White
- Midnight Masquerade
- Fire and Ice
- New York New York
- Masquerade Ball
- Castle in the Sky
- Hollywood Awards Night
Now that you understand formal themes for high school homecoming go ahead and find out how the student’s experience may inform your preparations for a homecoming dance. Your homecoming themes should always reflect the spirit of unity and love.
Tips for a Prom Dance DJ
If you’ve been asked to DJ a Prom, here are some tips on how to prepare:
– Make sure you have plenty of music! You’ll want a variety of genres, so that everyone can find something they enjoy.
– Be familiar with the latest songs. This will ensure that your set is up-to-date and will keep your guests dancing all night long.
– Practice, practice, practice! It’s important to be comfortable with the songs you’re playing, so that you can focus on having a good time.
– Have backup equipment and a plan in case of technical difficulties. Murphy’s law is always guaranteed to strike when you least expect it!
– Get organized. Make a set list, and have all of your equipment ready to go before the night of the dance. This will help ensure that you don’t run into any problems once the party starts.
How To Prepare for a Prom Gig
Make a Song Request Form:
You can use this not just for prom night but for any gig you book in the future. It helps guide your music choices so that you can create the appropriate “vibe” and ensure their satisfaction. After all, music is a very personal preference, so it’s essential to understand what they want (or don’t want) from the very beginning.
If you want to make sure that the best songs are played at Prom, make a song request form! This will allow the guests to submit your requests in advance, so the DJ can be sure to have them ready. Here’s how to make one:
- Decide on a format. Will you be using paper or electronic forms?
- Create a form with all of the necessary information. This should include the name of the song, artist, and album.
- Make sure to have a space for people to write in comments or special requests.
- Print out copies and distribute them at Prom! This will make it easy for your guests to let you know which songs they want to hear.
Your Song Request form can include:
- Top song choices. They may have favorite songs or preferred artists. For prom gigs, you may want to ask to talk to student representatives, someone from the Prom Committee, or a student council member.
- Do Not Play List. Schools can be conservative, and they may frown upon some songs because of the artist’s language. (You may disagree with them, but they’re the client, so you have to respect their choices.)
- Special song requests. There may be songs that they want to hear or may need to set the tone for a particular program portion. These songs might be part of their Prom Theme.
Ask About the Program Flow
That will save you the trouble of last-minute requests or hurried instructions on the prom night itself.
Ask about the program flow and formalities like speeches, special announcements, etc., that you need to workaround. Ask if any of these will need your help—say, introduce people or invite people to watch the fireworks display?
It’s best to be clear about these things from the very beginning. Also are they using your wireless microphone or the house system.
Ask About the Dress Code for the DJ
Prom night is a formal occasion, so you may want to dress up a bit. While you don’t have to go there in a tux, torn jeans and a band shirt doesn’t seem appropriate for the occasion. To be safe, ask the school about the dress code and what they prefer you to wear.
If you’re hiring a DJ for Prom, it’s important to ask about the dress code in advance. Some DJs may wear formal attire, while others will wear their regular everyday clothes. Make sure that your outfit matches up with how you want them to dress!
– If they are going to be interacting with guests, dress accordingly. For example, formal attire should only be worn at a ballroom dance and not during a homecoming dance.
– You can always ask what the DJ will wear if you’re unsure! This is one of those situations where it’s better to be safe than sorry.
These are just some of the things you can do to ensure a smooth event. Communication is critical, both to manage—and meet—your client’s expectations.
Do you know what DJs wear to events? – What Should a Mobile DJ Wear 2022 | Successful People Dress the Part
Prom night should always be an awesome time – but it can’t hurt to make sure that you’ve done everything possible to ensure your dance is perfect!
You now have fantastic ideas for your prom theme 2022, after-party prom theme, or Homecoming Themes that you may implement for your event or party. Share the ideas with your friends and loved ones to better understand the experience you will create with such ideas. You should also feel free to recommend this guide to others that need ideas for prom night events and prom parties.
- Best New Prom Songs 2022 | Create a Memorable Prom Dance
- School Dance Songs 2022 | Exclusive School Dance DJ Song Lists
- Best New Summer Songs | Ultimate Beach Playlists 2022 | 200 Songs
- Best Party Songs That Always Gets People Dancing – 2022
- Top 300+ Best Slow Songs of all Time | Powerful Love Songs
- Popular TikTok Songs 2022 | Famous Viral Tit Tok Dances
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what you see, feel free to share some love on Pinterest <3