Last Updated on August 14, 2023 by Ryan Conlon | Read Time 4 min Read Time
Father daughter dances are such a special tradition, and they’re extra-special when you have the perfect Country song to dance to.
There are so many great songs to choose from, but we’ve compiled a list of our favorite country Father Daughter Dance songs.
Whether you’re looking for a classic or something more modern, we’ve got you covered.
Keep reading to see our picks!
Country Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Every little girl looks forward to the day when she can dance with her father at her wedding. It’s a cherished moment that fathers and daughters share, set to the perfect song.
If you’re looking for a Father Daughter Song for your wedding, here are a few of our classic favorites:
Classic Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
Classic country father daughter dance songs are the perfect way to commemorate your special relationship. The simple, honest lyrics and twangy melodies of these songs perfectly capture the love and bond between a father and daughter.
From classics like “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw or “Daddy’s Hands” by Holly Dunn to more recent hits like “I Loved Her First” by Heartland, there is sure to be a song that perfectly expresses your feelings.
Whether you’re looking for a sentimental ballad or an upbeat tune, these songs are the perfect way to say “I Love You” on your wedding day.
- Tim Mcgraw – My little Girl
- Rascal Flatts – My Wish
- Heartland ~ I loved her first
- Lee Ann Womack – I Hope You Dance
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Ready, Set, Don’t Go
- Miley Cyrus And Billy – I Learned From You
- Kenny Chesney – Don’t Blink
- Sara Evans – You’ll Always Be My Baby
- Reba McEntire – I’ll Be
- Bob Carlisle – Butterfly Kisses
Rascal Flatts – My Wish
Rascal Flatts – My Wish is a song that can be perfectly used for a father daughter dance. The lyrics are all about a father’s love for his daughter, and how he wishes only the best for her in life.
The song is heartfelt and emotional, and will definitely tug at the heartstrings of any father who hears it.
Additionally, the Rascal Flatts version of the song is absolutely beautiful, and will make any father daughter dance even more special.
My Wish is definitely a song that every father would love to hear on their daughter’s big day.
New Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
There’s nothing quite like a father-daughter dance. It’s a time for dads to show their daughters how much they love them, and for daughters to express their gratitude for everything their fathers have done for them.
That’s why it’s so important to choose the perfect song for this special moment.
If you’re looking for some new country father daughter dance songs for 2022, here are our favorites:
- Jason Blaine – Dance With My Daughter
- Will Dempsey – Best Parts of Me
- Cody Johnson – God Bless the Boy (Cori’s Song)
- Kane Brown – For My Daughter
- Lee Brice – The Best Part Of Me
- Tim McGraw – 7500 OBO
- Zac Brown Band – I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)
- Alan Jackson – You’ll Always Be My Baby
- Brantley Gilbert – Man That Hung The Moon
- Brett Young – Lady
- Krystal Keith – Daddy Dance With Me
Jason Blaine – Dance With My Daughter
In recent years, a number of country artists have released songs that are specifically about the father-daughter relationship.
One of the most popular is Jason Blaine’s “Dance With My Daughter.” The song is a touching ode to a father’s love for his daughter, and it has quickly become a favorite at weddings and other special occasions.
Blaine’s sentimental lyrics and catchy melody make it the perfect choice for any father-daughter dance.
What are some sentimental country father daughter dance songs?
Sentimental songs about father daughter relationships are popular because they speak to a universal experience.
Though every father daughter relationship is unique, there are some commonalities that we all share.
These songs capture those shared experiences and emotions in a way that resonates with us. They make us feel seen and understood, and they remind us of the special bond that we have with our fathers.
Sentimental songs about father daughter relationships help us to appreciate and cherish those relationships, even when they’re not perfect. They remind us of the love and laughter that we’ve shared, and they give us strength when we need it most.
So whether you’re looking for a song to dance to at your wedding or just a way to show your dad how much you care, these sentimental father daughter songs are sure to do the trick.
Special Songs for your dance:
- The Shires – Daddy’s Little Girl
- Jennifer Hart – Half The Man
- Scott Thomas Laughridge – This Dance
- Dan + Shay – When I Pray For You
- Chuck Wicks – Stealing Cinderella
- Kylie Morgan – Good Hands
- Abby Anderson – Daddy
- Drew Baldridge – She’s Somebody’s Daughter
- Tim McGraw – Humble And Kind
- Loretta Lynn – They don’t make ’em like my Daddy Anymore
The Shires – Daddy’s Little Girl
The Shires’ Daddy’s Little Girl is a sentimental country song about a father’s love for his daughter. The lyrics are filled with images of a father and daughter spending time together.
This song would make an excellent choice for a father-daughter dance, as it captures the joy and love that fathers feel for their daughters.
Unique Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Dance songs are one of the most important aspects of any wedding reception. They provide an opportunity for couples to share a special moment on the dance floor, and they can often be some of the most memorable moments of the entire night.
While there are many traditional father-daughter dance songs, couples often want to choose something that is a little more unique.
Here are just a few of the many unique father-daughter dance songs that are sure to make your reception extra special:
- Chad Kaney – Daddy’s Little Girl
- Lainey Wilson – Those Boots
- Jewel ft. Dolly Parton – My Father’s Daughter
- MaRynn Taylor – Dads and Daughters
- Zac Brown Band – The Man Who Loves You The Most
- Taylor Swift – The Best Day (Taylor’s Version)
- Logan Mize – Prettiest Girl in the World
- Gabby Barrett – The Good Ones
- Brett Young – Lady
- Darius Rucker – It Won’t Be Like This For Long
- Sweet, Sentimental Country Mother Son Wedding Dance Songs
- Songs About Trucks | Exploring the Long History of Trucking Music
- Songs About Farmers and the Music They have Inspired
- Best Songs About Cowboys | Discover New and Classic Hits
- Songs About Dogs 51+ | Best Songs About Our Four Legged Friends
- Essential Wedding Songs for Every Bride | Romantic to Fun
Step Father Daughter Country Wedding Dance Songs
Stepfathers are an important part of their stepdaughter’s lives. They provide guidance and support to the young girls, for which they share a special bond that can be celebrated through dance with them as well!
There aren’t many songs out there specifically created just stepfathers/stepdaughters but we have some great ones listed below:
- Brandon Davis – Step by Step (Daughter Version)
- Elvie Shane – My Boy (My Girl Version)
- Jon Wayne Hatfield – My Girl
- Steven Curtis Chapman – When Love Takes You In
- Brad Paisley – He Didn’t Have To Be
- Garth Brooks – Thicker Than Blood
- Casting Crowns – So Far To Find You
- Rina Sawayama, Elton John – Chosen Family (Not Country)
- Andy Grammer – I Choose You (Not Country)
- Ben Nelson – Come Home
Brandon Davis – Step by Step
While there are many popular father-daughter dances songs, such as “My Girl” and “Unforgettable,” sometimes it can be difficult to find a song that truly captures the relationship between a stepfather and daughter.
However, there are a few country songs that perfectly capture the special bond between a stepfather and daughter.
One such song is “Step by Step” by Brandon Davis. The lyrics tell the story of a man who didn’t expect to fall in love again, but who finds himself completely head-over-heels for his new wife and her daughter.
The song is both heartwarming and moving, making it the perfect choice for a father-daughter dance.
What are some good country father daughter wedding dance songs?
Dads are a daughter’s first love and her first hero. What better way to celebrate the bond between father and daughter than with a special dance just for the two of them?
When it comes to choosing the perfect song for this momentous occasion, look no further than the country genre. These songs about fatherhood are sure to bring a tear to dad’s eye and fill the dance floor with happy memories.
Jason Blaine’s “Dance With My Daughter” is a heartwarming ode to fathers and daughters everywhere, while Brantley Gilbert’s “Man That Hung The Moon” is a touching tribute to the strength and support that dads provide.
For a fun choice, Krystal Keith’s “Daddy Dance With Me” is guaranteed to get everyone smiling and maybe crying.
No matter which song you choose, these country father daughter dance songs are sure to make your special day even more memorable.
Does the bride of father pick the father-daughter dance song?
The father-daughter dance is a cherished tradition at weddings.
While the bride typically picks the song, there are many ways to choose the perfect father-daughter dance song.
For example, the bride could choose her father’s favorite song, or a song that has special meaning to them both. The father-daughter dance is a wonderful opportunity to share a special moment with dad on your wedding day.
Whether you choose a classic song or something more modern, this will be a memory you’ll cherish forever.
How long should a father daughter wedding dance be?
One of the most important dances at a wedding is the father-daughter dance. This is a very special moment between a father and his daughter, and it is important to choose the right song for the occasion.
The length of the father-daughter dance should be 2-3 minutes, but it can be shorter or longer if the bride and her father prefer.
What does the groom do during the father-daughter dance?
The father-daughter dance is a moment for the father and daughter to share. The groom is generally not involved and instead stands to the side. This is because it is a moment for the father and daughter to share.
The groom is also getting ready for his own mother son dance. What he does during this time will depend on the wedding and how formal it is.
Sometimes, the groom will wait patiently to the side while other times, he may chat with guests or mingle.
In general, though, the groom does not participate in the father-daughter dance. Instead, he lets the father and daughter have their moment.
As you can see, there are a wide variety of songs that would be perfect for a father-daughter dance at a country themed wedding. Even if you’re not a huge fan of country music, I’m sure you can find at least one song on this list that you and your dad will love.
So get out there and start planning the perfect father-daughter dance for your upcoming nuptials!
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog post. We hope that you have found it helpful and informative.
If you liked this post, please share it with your friends and family. Also, be sure to check out our website for more great content like this.
- The Best Country Party Songs to get any Party Started (Updated)
- Best Country Love Songs | Powerful Music for Your Wedding Playlist
- Truly the Best Country Summer Songs | Powerful Summertime Music
- Best Country Wedding Songs | Slow and Upbeat | New and Classic
- Best First Dance Wedding Songs | 101+ Popular Song Recommendations
- Songs About Boots | Evolution of Boot Music | Work to Combat
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what you see, feel free to share some love on Pinterest <3