We make this song list to help School Dance DJs find New Music for the school events that they DJ. Read our Article about >> How do DJs find new Music? It can be a challenge to keep up with all the new music that the students listen to. Besides finding new songs – you will also need to figure out if the content of the song is appropriate for your event. Clean or radio versions of the songs would be preferred.
Song Lists Updated Monthly
New School Dance Playlist 2021
Song Lists for High School, Jr High School and Middle School Dances
- Olivia Rodrigo – drivers license (Clean Version)
- Dixie D’Amelio – One Whole Day (Clean Version)
- Troye Sivan, Kacey Musgraves – Easy
- BTS – Life Goes On
- Blackbear & Wiz Khalifa – CHEERS
- Playboi Carti – Slay3r (Clean Version)
- The Kid LAROI – ALWAYS DO (Clean Version)
- Dixie D’Amelio – Roommates
- 24kGoldn – Coco ft. DaBaby(Clean Version)
- Jason Derulo x Nuka – Love Not War
- Selena Gomez – De Una Vez
- Tate McRae – r u ok
- All Time Low – Monsters (Clean Version)
- Eminem & Skylar Grey – Black Magic (Clean Version)
- Why Don’t We – Slow Down
- Taylor Swift – long story short
- Dua Lipa, Angèle – Fever
- ROLE MODEL – Blind
- AJR – Bang!
- Foster – fools (can’t help falling in love)
- Tai Verdes – Stuck in The Middle
- Shawn Mendes – Call My Friends
- Black Eyed Peas, Shakira – GIRL LIKE ME
- YUNGBLUD feat. Machine Gun Kelly – acting like that
New School Dance Songs
- EBEN – It’s Not You, It’s Me
- Ed Sheeran – Afterglow
- The Kid LAROI – WITHOUT YOU (Clean Version)
- MEDUZA – Paradise
- ILLENIUM and Dabin Feat. Lights – Hearts On Fire
- Pink Sweat$ – At My Worst
- Sara Kays – Remember That Night?
- Miley Cyrus – Plastic Hearts
- Juice WRLD & The Kid Laroi – Reminds Me Of You (Clean Version)
- Swae Lee – Dance Like No One’s Watching (Clean Version)
- Declan J Donovan – Perfectly Imperfect
- Ant Clemons – Better Days ft. Justin Timberlake
- Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber – Monster
- Jhené Aiko – A&B
- Alexander 23, Jeremy Zucker – Nothing’s The Same
- Ariana Grande – POV
- taylor swift – willow
- SZA – Good Days
- Anson Seabra – Walked Through Hell
- Phora – Stars In The Sky ft. Jhené Aiko
- Justin Bieber – Holy
- Lewis Capaldi – Before You Go
- Taylor Swift – Cardigan
- Lauv – Fake (Clean Version)
- JP Saxe – If the World Was Ending (Clean Version)
- Tiësto – The Business
- Gryffin – Safe With Me
- Bad Bunny x Jhay Cortez – Dákiti
- Raye & Rudimental – Regardless
- SOFI TUKKER & Novak & YAX.X – Emergency
- Topic & A7s – Breaking Me
- Purple Disco Machine – Hypnotized
- ILLENIUM – Nightlight
- Timmy Trumpet x Vengaboys – Up & Down
New Country Hits 2021
- Morgan Wallen – Somebody’s Problem
- Eric Church – Doing Life With Me
- Kidd G – Teenage Dream
- Lee Brice – Soul
- Brothers Osborne – All Night
- Thomas Rhett – What’s Your Country Song
- Robyn Ottolini – F-150
- Priscilla Block – Just About Over You
- Morgan Wallen – Still Goin Down
- Nelly, Florida Georgia Line – Lil Bit
- Russell Dickerson – It’s About Time
- Dierks Bentley – Gone
- Luke Bryan – Down To One
New Country Slow Songs
- Eric Church – Through My Ray-Bans
- Kane Brown – Worship You
- CHASE WRIGHT – Wish You’d Miss Me
- Gone West – I’m Never Getting Over You
- Morgan Wallen – 7 Summers
- Gabby Barrett – The Good Ones
- Luke Combs – Forever After All
Always find Clean Versions of the Songs You Play
Prom 2021 Slow Songs
Here Are Some Songs For Your 2021 Prom Dance
- Taylor Swift – Willow
- Jake Owen – Made For You
- Blake Shelton – Nobody But You
- Kane Brown – Worship You
- Andy Grammer – I Am Yours
- Taylor Swift – Lover (First Dance Remix)
- Luke Combs – Better Together
- Niall Horan – Black And White (Stripped / Audio)
- Justin Bieber – Holy
- Russell Dickerson – Yours
- Surf Mesa – ily (i love you baby)
Classic Prom Slow Songs
- Taylor Swift – Forever and Always (Piano Version)
- Christina Perri – A Thousand Years
- Ed Sheeran – Perfect
- Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
- John Legend – All of Me
- Dan+Shay – Speechless
- Edwin McCain – I’ll Be
Top Songs | School Dance Playlists 2020
These are good songs for High School, Jr High and Middle School Dances 2020
- BLACKPINK – Ice Cream
- 24kGoldn – Mood
- BTS – Dynamite
- Jason Derulo – Savage Love
- 24kGoldn – Mood (Clean Version)
- Justin Bieber – Lonely (Clean Version)
- Surf Mesa – ily (i love you baby)
- Shawn Mendes – Wonder
- Machine Gun Kelly – Forget Me Too
- Ariana Grande – positions
- Doja Cat – Say So
- Joel Corry x MNEK – Head & Heart
- BLACKPINK – How You Like That
- Chloe x Halle – Do It
- Gabby Barrett – I Hope
- Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande – Rain On Me
- Dua Lipa – Break My Heart
- Selena Gomez – Rare
- Harry Styles – Adore You
- DaBaby – ROCKSTAR
What Was the Most Played Song in 2020?
The most played song from 2020 was The Weeknd – Blinding Lights. It was the most streamed song. Plus you heard the song everywhere.
Classic School Dance Songs
Past Favorite Songs Played at High School Dances
- DJ Casper – Cha Cha Slide
- Cupid – Cupid Shuffle
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito
- The Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling
- Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A.
- One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
High School and Middle School events have been a social pastime for as long as we can remember. From homecoming, Prom, Snoball, spring parties, to the Valentine’s Day Ball. There’s a dance for just about everything depending on where you are.
Of course, what makes or breaks a dance is the Music that is played.
Students can tolerate just about any shortcomings when planning a dance. A not-so bangin’ school dance, however, can have the students heading for the door faster than the bell itself!
Music isn’t just the staple to any event– it is the event. It’s good to keep the following in mind when curating a High School or Middle School Dance song list:
Students Want To Dance
Sub par decorations? Meh. No snacks? Whatever, Micky D’s is up the road. Bad music? Absolutely unforgivable. Especially with today’s younger generations.
Students go to dances to dress up and express their energy. All of which is mostly done through a dance party and mingling. Be sure to add any dance mixes or shuffles that everyone knows and can participate in.
Students Want Nostalgia
Throwbacks are also good because students aren’t regularly listening to them. The classic hits know how to get everyone in a mood. All of which is a must for your dance party. The classic hits foster a positive and inclusive environment for your dance party.
Students Want To Sing Out Loud
We all know singing feels good. No matter how terrible we are at it! A sign that your school event is a success is that students are jumping around and singing along. Singing along helps students break out of their shells and get more comfortable with their classmates.
Including the best karaoke hits to your playlist is a must. Of course, don’t add too many sing-alongs or else you might wear them out!
Kids Want a Break
Though most of your playlist should energize your dance party occasionally throw a low tempo song that isn’t easy to dance and sing along to. Play a Slow Song.
Students need a moment to catch their breath, sit down, use the restroom, and check their phones. Nothing can kill their vibe more than catching their breath and their favorite song coming on!
Know the Students
Popular music varies depending on regional differences. Country may dominate one area, yet hip hop and rap may dominate another. Some places may have a strong local music scene where students listen to local artists.
For the most part, you should aim to diversify while considering what the majority of students will enjoy.
New music comes out every week. It can be tough to keep up-to-date with the current hits. The best thing about doing high school and middle school dances is the requests. The students will request songs. New songs that you might not have. But after that dance you can get the songs for the next dance. Plus each school has their favorite songs. Once you get to know them and get them – the dances will become more fun to DJ.
Pro Tip – You can ask for song request weeks before the dance. It can be as simple as a Google form. Setup a online request site for each dance.
Always play clean versions of songs for your school events.
School Dance DJs play a range of music genres. Knowing what students like is key to curating a school dance playlist for a successful middle school or high school event.
- 100 Upbeat Party Songs That Always Get People Dancing – 2021
- Remarkable Wedding Songs That Should Absolutely Be In Your 2021 Wedding
- Best Vehicles for DJs | Should You Buy or Rent | 2021
- How Do DJs Find New Music | Instantly Add Current Upbeat Songs 2021
- What Should a Mobile DJ Wear 2021 | Successful People Dress the Part
Pins for Pinterest
If you like what we see feel free to share some love on Pinterest <3